Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New members of the family



Most people will be familiar with this first camera.

While I have three Holgas, I found a Diana on eBay at a pretty good price and decided to give it a whirl.

As this is the F+ version, it also came with a book which will make for good reading no doubt.



This camera should come as more of a surprise to most - or at least it should because I was certainly caught off-guard when I saw it at an op shop this afternoon.

It looks like a chemist-special but the 400ISO film in it was expired in 2001, so should make for some interesting washed out effects.

According to the box, the film was made in Germany: maybe there's some really rare Agfa emulsion in there!

3 comments:

  1. FYI... http://beta.lomography.com/magazine/blog/2009/03/19/the-new-diana-instant-back-plus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see some of your magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ash! I saw the link this morning. Very tempting!

    I have a Lomo Society boycott because they screwed an order of mine royally (I got the Diana F+ off an eBay seller) so might wait til I see one on the cheap somewhere online.

    I'm not that big a fan of the mini Instax format, but if it was the fullsize Instax that would be GREAT!

    ReplyDelete